As fitness coaches, we hear these words more than any others: I don’t have the time to workout. Followed by: There is just not enough time in my day. I’m too busy right now – maybe next month will be better and I’ll start then.
If you’ve ever said that or are thinking that right now, worry no longer! We are here to get you past that by revealing the crazy-simple solutions for people who want to workout, but have a limited schedule.
In this blog we share 9 quick tips that you can use immediately to crush your fat loss and healthy lifestyle goals in as little as 15 minutes each day. Ready? Buckle in – because we’re not into time wasting!
First, let’s go a bit deeper into the “lack of time” objections listed above:
I don’t have the time to workout…
1) No matter the schedule you keep, you DO have the time to workout. You just need to prioritize and organize your time in order to fit it in. For example: get up 30 minutes earlier or stay up 30 minutes later.
Maybe next month will not be as crazy and I’ll start then…
2) Life doesn’t slow down as you get older. Usually, it only slows down when we get WAY older…and by 80 or so most unhealthy people wish they had of started today. So don’t delay – start adopting these quick strategies today.
Exercise is super simple! Just follow these tips:
- Schedule in 15 minutes to exercise.
- Exercise 6 days each week.
- Perform cardiovascular (cardio) exercise at least 3 days each week.
- Cardio should leave you drenched in sweat. No excuses. If you don’t have to take a shower, you didn’t work hard enough.
- Perform resistance (weight-bearing) exercise at least 3 days each week.
- Resistance can be done using light or heavy dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, rubber resistance bands, or your own body weight (like push-ups and lunges) but you should do the moves fairly quickly and sweat moderately.
- Stretch for at least 1 minute before and after your workout.
- Follow a clean, healthy nutrition plan. Yes, if you workout every day your heart will be healthier, but you won’t see any results without eating right, too.
- Follow a workout calendar. This way, you won’t have to waste time thinking about what you need to do on what day each week. An exercise program like 10 Minute Trainer can be done from your home or office, comes with 5 workouts, and provides a workout calendar that you’ll follow to get the best results.
This blog was designed for the busy, time-limited person so we’ve cut all the fluff and explanation as to why. Just add action to these 9 tips and watch your body get upgraded!
What are your thoughts? If you like this article, press the retweet button at the top of the page. Let’s get the discussion going. It just may help somebody else!